Friday, July 6, 2012

Thank God it's Friday

So I know I have mentioned the price of watermelon of Facebook before but they can be quite expensive here.  One of the highest I saw was roughly 22,000 won which is about $17.53 with the current exchange rate.  I have been wanting watermelon sooooo bad but I couldn't justify my cravings for one.

Well today was my lucky day.  We went to get a few things from the mart and saw the watermelons on the way out.  The puppy below was 10,000 won which is roughly $8.76 and they provided delivery for free!



In general fruit can be a little pricey here.  Cantaloupes are about 12,000 won.  I think it is because of property value of the farm lands not much space here in Korea.  Watermelons and Cantaloupes take more space to grow.  They could fit a better producing produce on the land.  Simon told me it depends on weather and the green houses that they sometimes grow in.  They are more in season in July and August so hopefully the price comes down a little more.

I have never been so happy to throw down with this watermelon... and boy was it delicious!  Watermelons here are sweet all the way to rind!


Simon and I ate half a watermelon for an evening snack!  Here is what I figure... an average ice cream sundae cost around $5.00  and half this watermelon cost around the same price!  So basically I just ate a really delicious watermelon sundae!  


I am definitely thankful on this Friday for some precious(expensive) watermelon!
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment